This is an original U.S. WWII Inland manufactured paratrooper helmet liner. Interestingly, Westinghouse was the only company which provided ready-to-use airborne helmet liners during the war; each of the 75,000 Inland produced airborne liners began their lives as infantry models and were later converted by the McCord Radiator & Manufacturing Co. prior to being issued. The liner features non-painted steel A-washers, original factory installed khaki A-yokes, steel wire buckles, and brass sockets to accommodate the corresponding snaps on a shell's chinstrap. These features date the liner's production to 1943. The khaki suspension is strong and intact throughout, however one of the A-washers is bent. The liner's exterior retains its original 1950's era Air Force blue repaint and decals belonging to the 459th Troop Carrier Wing Med., Congressional Wing.